Are you dealing with a snoring problem?
Are you often finding yourself waking up in a lousy mood, feeling tired throughout the day, feeling like your energy is low, feeling like too many things irritate you? If you are wondering why is this happening here is a potential reason: snoring may be the main cause for all these problems that you are having to deal with. It is true, that the thought alone that we may be snorers makes us uncomfortable to say the least and that is why we prefer not to think about it. Usually you find out that you have a snoring problem from your partner, a roommate or a family member, and often it is presented in a joking manner, where while it may be funny to them, it is certainly not funny to you. Moreover, while it may seem funny at first glance, it is a serious issue, and can sometimes even be dangerous. While it is natural to feel angry and hurt and try and forget the issue is it not the right approach. A far better one is seeking a solution for your problem and eliminating it out of your life altogether.
Here are some tips on how to deal with this problem
- Don’t take it personally! Keep in mind that there is nothing personal when somebody tells you that you snore. If your partner is the one delivering the news to you, ask them to be patient with you and that together you will try and find a solution. Be honest with your partner and appreciate their patience. If you stick together and communicate you will be able to get through this issue!
- Don’t be embarrassed! This is a medical issue, so it is nothing to be embarrassed about. Ask your partner, roommate or family member to be considerate and not make jokes about the issue or talk about it to others. Explain to them that it is a physical issue that requires medical attention and treatment just as any other health concern.
- Improve your lifestyle! Most common causes of snoring are being overweight, drinking alcohol before bed, smoking cigarettes, etc. If you can change something without having to turn for help of others, go ahead and do it! Try to change your eating habits, drink less and especially avoid drinking before bed, as it relaxes the throat and nasal muscles leading to snoring. Stop smoking, start exercising, lead a healthy lifestyle and you will see some positive changes.
- Use humidifier and spend time in a sauna or hot shower! Being in a humid environment reducing dryness and stiffness in your nasal and throat passages and helps you breathe better during your sleep. Dry air on the other hand can often be the cause of stuffy nose at night which is a common cause of snoring as well. This is why using humidifier in your bedroom is important!
- Tell your family doctor about your issue! Sometimes the reason behind snoring can be nasal deformities which surgery can help fix. only doctor can help you in such case. In other cases, sleep apnea can be to blame – a serious health condition that requires medical assistance.
- Understand the causes of your snoring! Today on the market you can find tons of various snoring remedies. Once you know what causes your snoring in particular you can find appropriate products that will help to reduce or prevent snoring.
Snoring Cures that will help you
First step is understanding the reason behind your snoring. Not all remedies help, you will only benefit from the treatment if it matches your cause. Causes of snoring vary from weight issues, snoring prone lifestyle (alcohol, cigarettes, sleeping pills) that relax your throat muscles to wrong sleeping posture. It can also be related to allergies and/or physiological deformities in the nasal or throat area. There are two main categories of snoring causes: mouth-related and nose-related.
Determining which category to you fall under alone will help you find the right product. Let’s try and find out which one are you! Follow these steps:
- Make a snoring noise with your mouth is open
- Stick your tongue all the way out and get a good grip on it with your teeth. Try making the same sound again
- Let’s interpret the result!
You belong to the mouth-related snoring origin if the snoring sound is reduced after sticking out the tongue. Nose-related snoring takes place when the mouth is closed. You can also try to close your mouth and close one of your nostrils with your finger and breathe in through the other one. If you find that breathing through one nostril with your mouth closed is much easier then that makes you a nose-related snorer.
There are snoring cures available for both snoring categories!
- Mouth-related: You should try to use such snoring devices as snoring jaw strap, chin up strips, stop snoring mouthpieces. Jaw strap and chin up strips are external easy to use anti-snoring products that you wear on top of your chin. They work by helping to keep your mouth shut, encouraging you to breathe through the nose. The snoring mouthpiece is a type of device that your put in your mouth. It keeps your lower jaw and tongue forward preventing it from vibrating and causing a snoring sound. This device is especially useful for a tongue-base mouth snorers.
- Nose-related: Products such as nasal strips and nasal clips are good solutions, and they work by relieving nasal congestions and helping you breathe properly at night. This can also be helpful for those with sinus problems and allergies